2. Recent incidents have generated an uproar regarding police use of force. Despite the fact the use of deadly force has declined for decades, each incident seems to spawn a new controversy, even when police officers are justified in their actions. The public often jumps to conclusions without hearing all the evidence.
Technology has played a large role in these events, making the job of a police officer even more challenging. This same technology has the opportunity to improve policing policies across the country, especially when it comes to managing and building community relations.
Imagine a scenario where your department is considering using body cameras and social media as part of a digital dive initiative to build community relations. You have been asked to provide your observations on the future challenges in the field of policing and how the implementation of these technologies can contribute to building safer communities.
Write an 800- to 1,050-word for your department. A white paper is a report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue and presents the issuing body's philosophy on the matter. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.
According to the Purdue Online Writing Lab, “…the purpose of a white paper is to advocate that a certain position is the best way to go or that a certain solution is best for a particular problem.” In this case, your white paper is meant to help your police department better understand the issues and opportunities around technology, including the use of body cameras and social media.
In other words, a white paper is a research paper in the business/government world rather in an academic setting.
Double space with paragraphs.
Address the following in your white paper:
- Your title page should bear an appropriate title, the name of your "police department, etc. Remember, this is for your agency's command staff so it shouldn't look like a school research paper. Assume you are an officer assigned to research and report on these topics.
- Describe challenges the field of policing will face in the future. Provide examples.
- Explain how community relations impact the challenges police officers face.
- Research and describe an incident for which using a body camera has helped the police in accountability and effectiveness.
- Research and state an example for which social media was used as a tool by the police in crime control and community relations.
- Identify new technologies that can be used in policing in the future to build safer communities and how. Provide examples.
- Make specific, detailed recommendations to your department about decisions it should make regarding new technology, including the use of body cameras and social media. Justify your recommendation.
Include 2 academic resources plus your textbook for a minimum of three references in your white paper. References and citations must be in APA format. See the sample paper I am posting.
- 15 days ago
- phd proposal
- Personal philosophy
- Assess what it means to develop good habits of thought through hard work. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
- Purpose of General Education
- Pricing and Globalization Strategies
- A+ Solution Fully Answered 100% Correct
- wendy lewis only
- Music 8