Individual Presentation + Country Reportk.warren5
Note: This is an individual assignment. You personal due date will depend on the day you chose to present.
I chose Week 12 so there is plenty time and the country I chose was the United Kingdom
Please use this link to submit your written report and presentation slides before class time on your pesentation day.
Students will be responsible selecting a country and developing individual mini-Case Studies, analyzing the feasibility of business development in the country of their choice, along with sensitivity to the gospel message.
Students will need to share their findings in a short (5-10 min) in-class presentation supported by PPT as well as submit a 1-2 page written report BEFORE class time on the day of the presentation.
Only 1 presentation per class is allowed, there will be no presentations on test days.
To Get You Started:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/rankings/open-for-business – US News “Best” Countries
https://www.forbes.com/best-countries-for-business/list/ – Forbes Best Countries for Business
https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021 - Transparency index (corruption perception)
https://globaledge.msu.edu/global-insights/by/country - Country Insights from Michigan State University
http://www.operationworld.org/countries-alphabetically - Country List (Alphabetical)
https://www.hofstede-insights.com/product/compare-countries/ - Hofstede Compare Countries Tool
Questions to Address:
1. What would make this country an attractive market in which to enter?
2. What are some of the customs, traditions, and business etiquette norms, that affect business practices?
Discuss cultural difference between the country of your choice and the US. Use Hofstede and high-/low- context cultural measures.
3. What kinds of local representation or institutional support would you need available to you to help you navigate any unforeseen obstacles and explain the laws and contract provisions in order to conduct business and protect your assets?
4. What are some of the limitations (economic, infrastructure, technological, currency fluctuations, or import/export timelines, etc.) in establishing this exchange relationship?
Look into current news and events, political and economic climates in the country. Do these present an opportunity or a threat to doing business in the country? (Discuss the 5 environmental forces here)
5. If you were to want to start trading with this country, businesses in what industry (industries) do you think will benefit the most from expanding into this country?
6. If you were to want to start trading with this country, with what type of entry strategy would you begin? Why?
7. What opportunities and limitations are there for communicating the gospel of Jesus Christ? What would be a focus for prayer (hint: Operation World)?
Grading Rubric is attached for your conveninece.
- 14 days ago
- The list of accounts below and the unadjusted balances of these accounts
- Information healthcare technology
- Requiring school Uniforms Grades K-12 Power point presentation
- Data Communications and Project Planning
- HR PAPER
- DUE in 2 hours
- Psychologists like B. F. Skinner have studied how we can use operant conditioning to change the behavior of people and animals. Drawing on your personal experience, choose a person or animal whose behavior you want to change. (You may select your own beha
- write argument essay
- Computer purchase
- module 1