Hazards Vulnerability Matrixtolikon200
Hazards Vulnerability Matrix
Developing a Hazard Vulnerability Analysis document takes significant time and coordination with the local community partners and organizations. The intent of this assignment is to get you on the path to developing an HVA using the fictitious city called Bobsville. The document on Bobsville is intended to provide to you a snapshot of many small towns in America.
To fully complete the HVA process you would need to ensure that you have coordinated with your community, county, and state partners to evaluate the hazards in your community. If you were going to do the entire process from start to finish you would have to complete the following 4 Steps to completing the HVA:
There are 4 Steps to completing an HVA:
1. Identify the Hazards
2. Profile the Hazards
3. Inventory the Assets
4. Estimate the Losses
Since you will be working on your own, and due to the amount of time we have as a class, you will only be completing the first two items: 1) Identify the Hazards; and 2) Profile the Hazards. There are 4 worksheets (adapted from FEMA course IS559) associated with these 2 steps.
This week you will complete Worksheet 1 – Hazard Vulnerability Matrix. I want you to develop one worksheet for each types of hazards (natural, technological, and human). You will use the fictitious town of Bobsville to complete the assignment.
This is the first step you will use to complete the HVA. You will use the HVA and associated documents as a resource document for your next class EDMG220 when you develop your Emergency Operations Plan (EOP). Be thorough and ensure that you are as meticulous as you can since missing information will impact the EOP.
- Download "Welcome to Bobsville.docx" for information on the location you will evaluate.
- Download the EDMG101 HVA Matrix.xlsx. This contains a cover sheet and 3 blank tabs to fill--Natural, Technological, and Human.
- Fill out your name and date on the cover tab.
- Fill in each tab with hazards you identified from the location being assessed. Many columns have drop-down menus with standardized values. You do not have to fill in every row in every tab, but be thorough. If you need to copy additional blank rows you can.
- Add your first initial and last name to the filename. ie: AJones HVA Matrix.xlsx
- Submit here in the classroom.
- EDMG101 HVA Matrix.xlsx (17 KB)
- Hazard Vulnerability Matrix-example.pdf (15 KB)
- Welcome to Bobsville.docx (24 KB)
- 3 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it
- Vietnamese Evolution
- 2 Page Summary (Journal 1)
- ACC 421 final exam 2
- ACC 280 final exam
- PAD 500 Assignment 1-Public Administration-The Good- The Bad- The Ugly
- Strayer - CIS 534 - Week 6 - Discussion 1 and 2
- Quick cash loans Immediate Cheap @ http://www.waytoloans.com
- Payment link (Advance Murtaz)
- anth 100 final
W4 - Technology Crisis Communication
Further develop your Crisis Communication Plan by updating it according to the top Technological hazard facing Bobsville as identified in your Hazard Vulnerability Assessment that you …2 years ago
Crisis Communication Plan By updating it according to the top Natural hazard facing Bobsville as identified in your Hazard Vulnerability Assessment that you developed in EDMG101.
Further develop your Crisis Communication Plan by updating it according to the top Natural hazard facing Bobsville as identified in your Hazard Vulnerability Assessment that you …2 years ago
Further develop your Crisis Communication Plan by updating it according to the top Human-caused hazard facing Bobsville as identified in your Hazard Vulnerability Assessment that you …2 years ago
Crisis Communications PlanNOT RATED
Begin to create a Crisis Communications Plan for the fictional town of Bobsville. Use the chapter "Developing a Crisis Communications Plan" provided in the textbook and Appendix A as a guide. …2 years ago