Situation: Imagine the editor of a print publication or website has contacted you. This editor needs a review to run in the next edition and has heard that you’re a smart, entertaining, and ethical reviewer.
Your task is to write an evaluation/review. Here is the first question to ask: What do you want to review? That’s your choice. You might select a TV show/series, film, album, music video, book, restaurant, video game, television show, technological gadget, car, or other “product…” or anything else you think readers will be interested in. Wait—what readers? Well, you choose those, too. The audience for the review is up to you. It can help to imagine where your review would be published. Are you writing for a general audience (subscribers to the Orlando Sentinel, for example) or are you writing for a narrower, better-informed readership (poetry readers, iPhone users, teen girls who have attended at least three Taylor Swift concerts). You decide—and write your review in a way that reflects this decision.
The review/evaluation should take a clear position on the topic and be directed towards a specific identifiable audience. The writing should be organized around 3-4 clearly stated criteria and be supported by evidence, details, descriptions, and observations from firsthand experience.
Begin the evaluation with an introduction paragraph that builds context and necessary background for the reader. End the evaluation with a conclusion paragraph that offers a summary and clear takeaway for the reader and answers the invisible question “so what?” or “what now?”
- 14 days ago
- HW-1557 Accounting Questions Chapter-12 and 13
- WK 8 Annotated Bibliography Assignment
- risk compliance issues
- IT273 Design a TCP/IP Graded Scenario Assignment Case: The Banana Tree Travel Agency Design a client-server network topology Compare and contrast wired media options and the features they provide for the network Course outcomes: IT273-1: Appraise net
- Module 01 _PATHO_Assignment-Electrolyte Imbalance
- Literature Review
- Case Study - Criminal Justice, American Law
- T test
- Subject: self assessment 10 look to wat you did for my precious assessment and do my new assessement by the samewat but change the sentences with the same meaning > > for Q4 please read my article and then answer it .