Critical Thinking Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to assess your evaluation of theories of cognitive and language development.
Review the lesson resources (suggested and required). You may also review resources you find online, in your school, or place of work, or from professional organizations. Select and evaluate those you think are most appropriate for parents and early childhood professionals to use in developing activities that meet the language and cognitive needs of preschoolers and prepare them for kindergarten. The activities can be used in the preschool environment or at home. Create an annotated compendium or collection, as a Word document, of the resources you identified as most appropriate or beneficial to the cognitive and language development of young children. In the compendium, include the following:
- Identification and description of three resources that support the language development of preschoolers
- Identification and description of three resources that support the cognitive development of preschoolers
- A rationale for why you selected each resource
- The citation for each resourceAnnotated Compendium Example:
Genishi, C. (1998). Young Children's Oral Language Development. ERIC Digest. ERIC Clearinghouse on Elementary and Early Childhood Education. Retrieved from http://www.readingrockets.org/article/young-childrens-oral-language-development
This article provides an overview of the process and mechanics of language development and oral language components. It also provides a nurturing language development section. In this section guidelines for teachers, parents, and other caregivers are provided that are designed to sustain natural language development. I chose this resource as it provides in simple, family-friendly language the basics for promoting developmentally appropriate language development.
Review the Lesson 6 Critical Thinking Rubric(opens in a new tab) to learn how your instructor will grade this assignment.
- 6 days ago
- Performance Assessment Task Performance Assessment Task # 2 Variable Equations COVER SHEET Rating scale A The solution shows a deep understanding of the problem...
- Week 4 Confidence Intervals and Chi Square
- 3 classes
- Java Questions
- MKT 571 Week 2 QUiz
- Nancy Carol finance m1 a3
- 2 pages with references
- (for Expert_Researcher)