this is what my instructor wrote back:
Sandra, good job on finding the solutions to both equations, however, in #1 you have several intervals to consider with your function, ie, ( -inf,1),(1,2),(2,8), and (8,inf). Check and see if the functiion is + or - in these intervals
heres my work
X^3 – 11x^2 + 26x – 16 < 0
±1, ±2, ±4,±8,±16
X^3 – 11x^2 + 26x – 16/x -1
X^2 – 10x + 16
(x – 1) (x – 2) (x – 8)
X = 1, 2, 8
Interval notation = No solution.
- 9 years ago
- solution has a concentration of 11% what is the volume of the solvent if the solute has a mas of...
- What does the hair symbolize in the short story The Red Line by Charles Higson?
- Oedipus Rex
- 4(2-3x)=-2(3x+30 solve for x
- 1/2 - a = 3/10
- 250 words about 911
- do a summary of the first world war
- who was the 34th president
- • You, an analyst at the Animal Health Agency (AHA), must make a recommendation whether or not to ban imported pigs...
- Explain the two theoretically possible ways to organize division of labor in the economy. Discuss evidence as to which method...