International Business- please only YOURSTAR <3kimsan
APA format with references - 1500 words
A regional bank has decided to open an office overseas for serving those businesses that are expanding internationally. Choose a country with a large financial center that you believe would be helpful to your customer base.
- Discuss some of the challenges you may face in this new environment.
- What are the cultural, ethnic, social, and educational characteristics?
- Describe the political and legal systems.
- How much does the government intervene in the private sector?
- How will that affect your financial institution?
- What type of economic system does it have?
- What is the history of that economic system?
- How is the country involved in international trade?
- How does the government get involved in trade issues?
- Will that help or hurt your financial institution?
- Will your presence in this country be helpful in your attempts to invest in other developing countries?
- Is this country involved in any regional integration efforts? How so?
- Why did you choose this location for your bank?
- As a manager, what would be your overall assessment about whether you want to pursue opening an office there?
- Are the financial risks worth taking?
- Will it be beneficial to all of the stakeholders?
- If you decide to pursue this, what type of presence do you think would be best suited to your objectives?
Despite some of the business challenges that you identified about your chosen country, you decided to move ahead and open an office in the financial center of this country. Your first customer is a large MNC that is looking to finance a plant in Latin America. They have asked for your assistance in advising them on this business endeavor.
- Using information that you gathered discuss its options and the foreign exchange aspects that affect the financing for the MNC. Include the following:
- Foreign currency risk
- Why they need to hedge foreign exchange
- What sort of foreign exchange instruments you would recommend
- Whether they have to be aware of any government regulations that would affect earnings and cash flow
- Include the need to be aware of inflation and interest rates and how it affects exchange rates.
- Keep in mind that the country that the plant is in does not necessarily have to be where the financing is done.
- 8 years ago
- MGT/498 MGT 498 MGT498 Week 5 - Learning Team Assignment - Riordan Strategic Plan Paper - A+ & Original Guaranteed from an A+ rated tutor!
- HEALTHCARE HUMAN RESOURCES
- "Customer Relations Management"
- LOVE BUG USED AUTO SALES
- BIS 375 week 1 Individual Assignment E-Business Evolution Paper
- MGT 601 Week 5 Assignment: Leadership Theories
- DQ 1 & 2
- NOT RATED
A regional bank has decided to open an office overseas for serving those businesses that are expanding internationally. Choose a country with a large financial center that you believe would be …8 years ago
- NOT RATED
Task Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 1,500–1,800 words
Points Possible: 150 Due Date: 9/15/2014 11:59:59 PM CT [removed]
…8 years ago