In Unit 2, you connected theory to real life, showing that it is not an abstract concept. Criminological theory has value in the criminal justice system. It also has value in society. It informs practice and can improve policy and programs.
The criminal justice process can conflict with criminological theory. Within the courts, some sentencing options can create unintended results, such as increasing the likelihood that a person commits new crimes, suffers a drug relapse, or violates a condition of probation.
In this activity, you are going to further develop your writing skills while applying critical thinking by exploring the benefits and drawbacks of specific sentencing options.
Using your reading assignments, intellipath lessons, and other resources, write a 2-page paper exploring the pros and cons of specific sentencing options.
The specific steps for this assignment are as follows and can be found in the readings for the unit, but additional Web research is also recommended:
- Select 3 of the sentencing options. For reference, the sentencing options fall into the following categories:
- Restorative Justice.
- In your own words, explain the principles and specific criminological theories that support the sentencing options you chose.
- State the pros and cons for each of the sentencing options you chose.
- Support your position for both pros and cons with real cases or real events.
- 15 days ago
- Write an 8 page analytical paper on some aspects of the 2012 election. You may examine one of the many...
- can i get answers for my son's math chapter six equations and equalities independent practice worksheet? i want to help...
- In the 1830s, as conflicts between white settlers and Native Americans grew, Many Settlers Wanted To What To get the...
- energy is transferred from the sun to earth mainly by a) molecular collisions b)density currents c)electromagnetic waves d) red shifts
- Can you please slove this? and show me how to do it? C=0.41+0.26(z-1) for z
- examine the relevance of family in the contraction of marriages in Ghana
- die probability
- Jamie is playing tennis. A 0.057kg ball is coming towards her at a velocity of -14 m/s. After she hits...
- Database Help!
- what president was assassinated in dallas?