WK4 SOCW 6121 assgn 2mzgoode
Assignment: Group Typology
As a clinical social worker it is important to understand group typology in order to choose the appropriate group method for a specific population or problem. Each type of group has its own approach and purpose. Two of the more frequently used types of groups are task groups and intervention groups.
For this Assignment, review the “Cortez Multimedia” case study, and identify a target behavior or issue that needs to be ameliorated, decreased, or increased. In a 2- to 4 pg report, complete the following:
- Choose either a treatment group or task group as your intervention for Paula Cortez.
- Identify the model of treatment group (i.e., support, education, teams, or treatment conferences).
- Using the typologies described in the Toseland & Rivas (2017) piece, describe the characteristics of your group. For instance, if you choose a treatment group that is a support group, what would be the purpose, leadership, focus, bond, composition, and communication?
- Include the advantages and disadvantages of using this type of group as an intervention.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
- a month ago
- TQM Midterm
- **KIM WOODS** Models of Organized Crime Executive Summary
- Building an International Company
- FIN 571 Week 2 Assignment: Business Structures Advice
- FOR THE.TUTOR ONLY
- W9 285-1
- BUS 692 Week 4 DQ 2 ( HRM Adds Value to the Firm ) ~ 2 Different Answers ~ A + Work With References
- BUS 692 Week 2 DQ 1 ( KSAs and Strategic Skills Analysis ) ~ 2 Different Answers ~ A + Work With References
The steps at the heart of single-system (subject) research are part of the everyday practice of social work. Each day social workers implement interventions to meet clients’ needs and …3 years ago
Due by Friday June 28th
A comprehensive understanding of a client’s presenting problems depends on the use of multiple types of assessment models. Each model …3 years ago
The first step in helping a client is conducting a thorough assessment. The clinical social worker must explore multiple perspectives in order to develop a complete understanding of the …2 years ago
Understanding the level of cohesion of a family system is important in order to determine an effective treatment plan. Olson (2000) developed the Circumplex Model, which has been used in the …2 years ago
Assignment2 years ago
Post your description of how micro-, mezzo-, or macro-levels of practice aid social workers in assessing families.
Assess Paula Cortez’s situation using all three of these levels of practice, …2 years ago
Post your description of the Circumplex Model of Marital and Family Systems and how it serves as a framework to assess family systems.
Apply this framework in assessing the Cortez family. …2 years ago
- NOT RATED
The first step in helping a client is conducting a thorough assessment. The clinical social worker must explore multiple perspectives in order to develop a complete understanding of the situation. …3 years ago
- NOT RATED
Understanding the level of cohesion of a family system is important in order to determine an effective treatment plan. Olson (2000) developed the Circumplex Model, which has been used in the …3 years ago
- NOT RATED
The Cortez Family Paula is a 43-year-old HIV-positive Latina woman originally from Colombia. She is …2 years ago