Wk 4 – Social Inequality in the MediaT-Byrd
- Watch 30–60 minutes of a production from current media that illustrates examples of social stratification and inequalities, such as a sitcom, drama, movie, or documentary. Examples include productions like Blackish, Sons of Anarchy, Family Guy, Empire, CSI, BlacKkKlansman, Chicago Fire, Orange is the New Black, NCIS, When They See Us, Pose, Game of Thrones, or Law & Order. Contact your instructor for approval if you are unsure if a certain media production fits the assignment.
Take notes while you watch to record examples of the behavior patterns that reflect social stratification and inequality.
Refer to the Reading Guide: Deviance, Social Stratification, and Inequality for more information on theoretical perspectives on these topics to assist with this assignment.
Write a 400- to 600-word paper in which you discuss the TV show or film as it relates to race, gender, and social class stratification. Include the following:
- Provide the name of the show or film you selected and a brief summary of the plot and setting of the story.
- Identify and describe at least one example of social deviance that you observed. Which social structures or norms could have contributed to this act of deviance?
- Identify and describe at least two examples of sociological inequalities that you observed. Which social structures or norms could have contributed to these inequalities?
- Indicate the theoretical perspective—functionalist, conflict, or symbolic interactionist—that you would use to explain the social inequalities you observed. Explain your reasons for choosing this perspective.
- Make connections between the social stratification of class, race, and gender that you observed in the TV show or film, and the ways that it represents inequality in our society.
- Submit your assignment.
- 3 years ago
- week 13 disc 6
- NUR-641E Topic 8 DQ 1
- wk10 ss
- Understanding how to properly value a vanilla bond (a plain bond) is essential for finance. Find 3 different funding structures. Describe for each structure: security type, term, and yield. Furthermore, take a look at each of their offering documents, and
- Mergers and acquisitions
- The research paper should be based on a topic discussed in the course. The requirements of this paper include a cover sheet (using the 6 line undergraduate entry), 3-5 numbered pages of text, and a reference page. The research paper requires at least five
- Many scholars have examined through research the so-called CSI effect and its impact on the criminal justice system. Some scholars argue that popular media portrayals of the universality and use of forensic evidence on television shows such as Crime Scene
- Respond 4
- Sale letter