Week 5 Discussion: Law Enforcement
- Ethical Systems
- Crime Control
- Discretion and Law Enforcement
- Discretion and Corruption
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
In this final week, we will apply the concepts reviewed in this course to the law enforcement function. For this week’s discussion, consider the following questions, with the ethical systems in mind.
- Is it ethical for detectives to deliberately use deception during an interrogation? The Supreme Court has ruled that deceptions are legal, but are they ethical? If so, identify under which ethical system police would be permitted to use deception as an interrogation technique.
- All police agencies make use of informants. Larger departments even pay their informants and keep track of their contributions to cases. Discuss the ethical problems of using informants to assist with investigations.
- You have read about a concept known as “accepted lies” in police work. Give an example of an “accepted lie” and show how it is ethically permissible.
- 22 days ago
- MKT 571 WEEK 5
- Analyze drug culture
- Describing Research Problems
- week 6 final
- CHAPTER 19 EOC:
- The Human Resources Department at your facility has informed you (the HIM Department Director) that the HIM staff is the most culturally diverse staff in the facility. HR has asked you to provide a training session to other Department Directors on cultur
- MT460 Kaplan uni (used work) Message me for fresh work.
- infomation technology HW
threaded 5NOT RATED
Week 5 Discussion - Due
Mar 19, 2020 12:59 AM MCJ5003 Ethics & Moral Behavior in Criminal Justice System SU01
Week 5 Discussion: Law …3 years ago