Week 4 Discussion BIO3344 PRINCIPLES OF GENETICSShuralove1444
- Week 4 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due October 14 at 11:59 PMFor this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion by the end of the week.
Traits and genetic disorders are influenced in one way or another by the environment. On the other hand, the heritability of a disorder examines the variations in multifactorial traits due to genetics in a particular population and focuses on the genetic component of variations seen in a trait.
- Select a genetic disorder caused by a single-gene trait that is multifactorial. Explain how your chosen genetic disorder is influenced by the environment.
- Select two diseases—one with high heritability and one with low heritability—and describe the genetic components of the diseases. In your opinion, do the individuals who inherit these diseases have a high mortality, or death, rate? Why?
Autism has been widely debated and discussed in recent years. Many researchers argue that autism is a genetic disorder, while others debate that autism is a result of environmental influences.
- Rates of autism have been on the rise in the United States since 1990. Do these findings support the claim that the disease has a genetic basis? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Can environmental influences explain these findings? Why or why not?
- 10 days ago
Multifactorial Traits and Autism
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research the characteristics of multifactorial traits and autism.
Based on your research, complete the …5 years ago