Water Pollution InfographicLaurie2001
Select a site from the National Priorities List (NPL) related to water pollution within your own state.
Create an infographic demonstrating the following:
- A brief history of the selected NPL site, including key geologically features like glaciers, streams.
- Investigate factors related to human activities that are affecting the hydrologic and geologically cycles for your selected site.
- Point out the source(s) of contamination and list pollutants associated with the site. Discuss the impact and effect of these chemicals on the environment and on humans.
- Analyze proposed cleanup options and progress of the cleanup. Was the life cycle of the clean-up worth the effort of the resource extraction?
- Use and reference at least three current (published within the last 5 years), academic, outside sources (peer reviewed articles, journal articles, etc.).
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Syllabus: Based on the EPA’s National Priorities List, select a Superfund site in Arizona of interest to you, and began working on your infographic project for it. WARNING: The link listed in the syllabus for the EPA’s National Priorities List (“Superfund List”) doesn’t work. Use this link instead:
This link will take you to the state-by-state Superfund list. Choosing Arizona from the pull-down menu, or clicking on Arizona in the map, will take you to a listing, in table format, of all Superfund sites in Arizona. Select one of the Superfund sites for your infographics project. Halo specifies it has to be related to water pollution issues, probably to harmonize with the current readings on water, hydrology, groundwater, etc. Most of the AZ Superfund sites have at least a groundwater component to them.
Advise you get started on it now—or at least as soon as you finish the readings in the text related to water, groundwater, water pollution, etc.
- a year ago
- How do Native American religions connect the human to the divine? In most religions, the divine manifests through forms that are above and beyond the earth, its plants, and its animals.
- Using DuPont analysis is a quick and relatively easy way to assess the overall health of a firm. This week’s lesson (Page 4) includes information on the DuPont equation. Go to finance.yahoo.com and choose a company by entering the company name in the box
- Data Gathering and Data Analysis
- Neanderthals have all too often been portrayed as brutish peoples, much of it based on descriptions of an arthritic specimen. We now know that they possessed many of the cultural attributes today’s humans possess: the ability to make and use tools that we
- Analysis of a scene from XXY
- RUA on Nutrition
- Activity to do