The Challenge of Understanding Cultural Practicespatrifl_14i6
Use your Applied Human Behavior in the Social Environment text to read the following:
- Chapter 15, "Cultural Influences on Human Behavior."
- In this chapter, read about challenges to the idea of race, as it is not a biological condition; questions regarding the concept of the melting pot; and comparison of concepts of individualistic and collectivistic cultures for strengths and challenges.
- Chapter 16, "Immigration Influences on Human Behavior."
- This chapter provides definitions of assimilation, acculturation, multiculturalism, and transnational; lists stressors and other issues for new immigrants; discusses various reasons for immigration; and discusses social biases against immigrants.
Referencing the "Girl Summit: One Year On" document from this unit's study, imagine you have accepted a position with UNICEF in the One Year On campaign to stop child early forced marriage (CEFM) and female genital mutilation (FGM). These practices have been part of the culture of many African nations for centuries. How do you explain to your social work colleagues you intend to work toward the eradication of a long-held cultural ceremony? On what basis do you choose to accept or reject others' cultural behaviors? Since you are the immigrant to a different culture, explain how the African cultures might impact your cultural beliefs.
- 15 days ago
- Substitution or Elimination: 3x-y=-2 5x+2y=15 Show work
- Business Process Question Help
- NUR 502 Week 2 Professional Communication Cultural Sensitivity Guide
- quick essay #2
- ATTENTION ASAP PAPER!!!!!!!!!
- Reason to extend a line of credit and why you would consider contributing capital - 2+pages
- International affairs homework due in five hours