Soil is very important for nutrient cycling and is an integral part of biogeochemical cycles. For each of the biogeochemical cycles you have learned (carbon, nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, hydrologic) answer/describe the following questions as it relates to soil and biogeochemical cycles.
1) In what forms (compounds/molecules/states/phases) does each exist within soil? (1 pt)
2) What role or importance does each cycle play in regard to nutrient cycling? To organisms? (1.5 pts)
3) Describe what most plays a role in the cycling of each? (organisms? chemical reactions? other?; 1.5 pts)
4) Describe two different examples of how different cycles may interact with one another in the soil. (1 pt)
5) Describe South Florida soil. Particularly address the layers of soil (O-A-E-B-C-bedrock) present (or absent) and its constituents (what it is made of). Do not just copy and paste this answer from a website, even if you properly cite it…describe in your own words. (1 pt)
- 2 months ago