Within the quantitative methodological approach are several research designs. A research design simply provides more information on how and at what points data will be collected. The decision of design is driven by the research question and purpose of the study. For example, if your aim is to measure the effects of psychoeducation on social work clients, you might take measurements before and after the intervention (pretest-posttest).
Some designs are better than others in terms of validity—the accuracy of the measurement. For this Discussion, you explore threats to internal validity and determine which research design is the best at controlling for these threats.
- Review the Learning Resources on quantitative research.
- Consider internal and external validity, the differences between them, and threats to validity when conducting research.
- Reflect on which quantitative research design controls for all threats to internal validity.
By Day 3
Post your initial response to the following:
- What is the difference between internal and external validity?
- Select two internal validity threats and describe each.
- After examining each category and list of designs, determine which design controls for all threats to internal validity. Explain how this design controls for all threats.
Please use the Learning Resources to support your post (i.e., cite and reference).
By Day 6
Respond to two colleagues by:
- Comparing the threats of internal validity they chose with the ones you chose
- Suggesting ways in which one of their identified threats could be eliminated or its effects reduced when conducting a study
- 6 days ago
- Economics research paper
- For Nyanya only, here is my discusssion questions, I need 300wds for each question thanks.
- Discussion 4
- MATH HOMEWORK (9 questions)
- FIN 534 Week 9 Homework Problems Chapter 16
- ADJ 275 Week 4 Assignment Exclusionary Rule Presentation
- Math (HW)
- What is the main point of the article?What is your position on this issue? In what ways do you agree or disagree?
- RL, RC, and RLC Circuits
- Should the US send troops to fight ISIS ?