SCMS-2610-001/INTRO SUPPLY CHAIN MGMTLovelylady2021
From Chapter 1 , please answer the following questions regarding the Apple/ Gateway example.
1.Why did Gateway choose not to carry any finished-product inventory at its retail stores? Why did Apple choose to carry inventory at its stores?
2.What are the characteristics of products that are most suitable to be carried in finished-goods inventory at a retail store? What characterizes products that are best manufactured to order?
3.How does product variety affect the level of inventory a retail store must carry?
4.Is a direct selling supply chain without retail stores always less expensive than a supplychain with retail stores?
5.What factors explain the success of Apple retail and the failure of Gateway Country stores
Pearson Collections Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- 21 days ago
- Christianity Presentation
- Need this assignment finished by tomorrow by 22:00
- Who can get this done
- Part A: In the Analects, Confucius suggests that studying tradition is essential for self-realization, which he defines as a profound spiritual...
- IKEA’s value proposition and its products and services related attributes IKEAs market positioning and differentiation Value chain of IKEA IKEAs supply chain and value proposition IKEA’s supply chain focuses on its value Intangible products and benefits I
- AC116 U7A
- Health Insurance and Marketing
- For Experttutor only
- Teachers are often asked about creating a positive emotional climate in classrooms. Consider the relational dialectics of connection/autonomy; privacy/ openness; predictability/novelty; instrumentality/affection,impartiality/ favoritism. What other relati