In a world controlled by technology, the internet is something that has become a staple of any business. You have a range of options on how you choose to connect to the internet. DSL was one of the first options, carrying data through telephone lines, next came cable that uses buried ground lines serviced by cable companies. WiMax entered the industry around 2001 and uses wireless technology to carry data. Fiber is the newest technology, utilizing modulated light pulses.
In terms of security, DSL and cable are relatively equal as they are simple copper wires that can be tapped into with easily available equipment. WiMax is the least secure technology as wireless signals are easier to intercept than having to tap into a physical line. Fiber is the most secure option as it is expensive to get equipment for attempting to tap into and decode the data. The best security option is to protect your data inside your network and secure packets for transfer over the internet. You can use firewalls to ensure that your company's data isn't accessed without authorization in your network and encryption for when you transmit packets over your chosen connection medium.
- 4 days ago
- ENG TOPIC 5
- Employment Classification and Discrimination
- assign #
- Discussion question(at least 150 words)
- Compute the annual breakeven number of meals and sales revenue for the restaurant. 2.Compute the number of meals and the amount of sales revenue needed to earn operating income of $75,600 for the year. In addition, address the following in one to two para
- Coastline MS100 M05/06 Quiz latest
- Michael Smith - Ted Talks
- FOR KIM WOODS ONLY!!
- Class 1 Unit2 COMMENT 2
- Mileston4 group A