1. What, where, and when was The Axial Age? 2. Many scholars believe the “perennial philosophy” of the Axial Age is an indicator that most if not all cultures originally shared a common monotheistic outlook of religion before the emergence of the various outlooks that exist today. What do you think of this theory? 3. All religious worldviews boil down to either Henotheism/Monotheism, Polytheism, Pantheism, or Atheism. Define these terms. 4. (Have read by Day 1 of Week 7): Read through the various excerpts from the sacred texts of Hinduism and answer the following questions: a. What is the riddle-like dialogue which the sages engaged in about the origin and meaning of the universe called? b. Define atman and brahman. c. How did the story of Shvetaketu and Uddalaka illustrate the concepts of atman and brahman? d. What is karma? What is karma-yoga and how is it different than the earlier understanding of karma? 5. (Have read by Day 2 of Week 7): Read through the various excerpts from the sacred texts of Buddhism and answer the following questions: a. What are the Four Noble Truths? b. What is the Eightfold Path? c. What are the Three Poisons? d. What is samsara? e. What are the Three Marks of Existence? f. What is anatta? g. What is Nibbana? Type up #’s 1-5 by end of Week 7 6. (Have read by Day 1 of Week 8): Read through the various excerpts from The Analects of Confucius and answer the following questions: a. What is Li? b. What are the 5 Relationships? c. What is Hsiao? Jen? 7. (Have read by Day 1 of Week 8): Read through the excerpts from the Daodejing and answer the following question: a. Describe the Dao. What is it exactly? 8. Summarize the various Hellenistic Philosophies’ perspectives on the human condition here. 9. What is the Ancient Happiness Hypothesis? What are its flaws? 10. (Have read by Day 2 of Week 8): Read the various excerpts from the Stoic philosophers in the Unit 3 Readings Document and then answer the following question: How do the Stoic philosophers’ views reflect a belief in the Happiness Hypothesis? 11. (Have read by Day 2 of Week 8): Read the story “The Choice of Heracles” story in the Unit 3 Readings Document and then answer the following question: How would you have chosen? 12. In the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament, there is a remarkably nuanced “happiness hypothesis.” How is this view different from that of the Stoics?
- 7 days ago
- PF 500668RR
- War and Reactionary Politics
- Annotated Bibliography
- EDU 644 Week 2 Assignment ( Supporting At-Risk Families Website Construction ) ~ ( Includes Link To Website - Perfect Tutorial - Scored 100% )
- Looking for some one to Review and edit a screen play (spec script)
- English Writing
- Human resource discussion question, ( Please answer in 1 to 2 paragraphs)
- Conduct the following research and submit a report on your findings.
- Philosophy 101 1 page essay see the attached