documentary for this week is 17 years old, but the issues that Frontline explored in 2005 are still revenant to the our society today. Additionally, according to a 2014 study of Los Angeles County, the average cost of jailing an individual with serious mental illness exceeds $48,500 per year. By comparison, the price tag for providing Assertive Community Treatment, or ACT, and supportive housing— one of the most intensive, comprehensive, and successful intervention models in use today—amounts to less than $20,500 annually, just two-fifths the cost of jail.
Why do you think we've not adopted more community based supports as alternative to prison or jail? What are the barriers you see? What do you think can be done to start changing the paradigm?
- 21 days ago
- the crime is SEX SLAVE TRAFFICKING IN UNITED STATES AND PARIS
- I NEED THREE DIFFERENT ONES
- Black History
- Buyer Behavioral Memo
- BIO-220 Topic 7 DQ 2
- You can earn up to 50 points by reading and summarizing two current event articles. The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, CNN, Time, Newsweek, Forbes>, etc. The articles you select should cover unemployment, inflation, GDP, the fede
- Thesis and Outline
- DB 5 MKT 640- For KIM WOODS ONLY
- This assignment has just 1 Part. A Discussion alone
- This assignment is also in 2 Parts. A Discussion and a Project