Choose one of the following diseases*:
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Celiac Disease
Conduct research online in order to answer the following questions:
- What are the cellular/molecular mechanisms that underlie this disease? (What are actual “abnormalities” or “deficiencies” causing the disease?)
- How common is this disease? Are there any particular susceptibility groups? (Be sure to also consider any genetic and environmental susceptibilities)
- What are the disease symptoms?
- What mechanisms are responsible for these disease symptoms? (Note: this is different from answer to question 1.)
- How is the diagnosis made? What particular clinical tests are used to make this diagnosis? This answer needs to be precise and specific. For example, “blood test” is not a sufficient answer. Your answer must indicate what cellular or molecular components are measured and how, and what particular parameters are used to make the disease diagnosis.
- What is the prognosis for someone with this disease?
- What are the treatment options? (Be sure to mention mechanisms of action of treatments and to consider novel treatments recently approved or in development.)
Answers should be 1-10 sentences per question
1 page total
- a month ago
- Benchmark - Supply Chain Integration
- help 3
- IMBusiness. RTI
- phd isaac newton
- FIN 100_PROBLEMS
- From the scenario for Katrina’s Candies, examine the procedure Herb will use to estimate the demand model developed in the scenario for Week 1. Analyze the elasticity of demand for products within the selected industry relevant to Katrina’s Candies. Deter
- for 1st teach only
- Present your viewpoints about whether scientists are correct in stating that most people do see differences between virtual friending and...
- Professional Email