4. According to the text, the focus of Title VII was blacks. The amended Title VII bans racial discrimination in employment matters and racial harassment and provides some sources of assistance to those who are targeted. (Bell (2017). There is a great deal of prejudice, stereotypes, and state-sponsored discrimination against African Americans, with those with darker skin faring worse than those with lighter skins, or when their names sound black. (Bell (2017). In addition, civil rights activists, researchers, and concerned government officials have been concerned about racial profiling by law enforcement.
5. Based on diverse backgrounds, workplace discrimination, and harassment are common. There is evidence that Hispanics are discriminated against regarding access and treatment. In a study, whites and Hispanics participated in a test. Their educational background and experience were the same. The company told applicants that they would not be interviewed if their names sounded Hispanic. As a result, white people were offered the position with less training and experience. (Bell (2017).
6. Among the ten largest ethnic groups in the United States, Asians and Latinos have the fastest growth rates. This is largely due to immigration from Asia. Many come as workers. The state of California has around 6 million Asians living there. (Bell (2017)
7. U.S. non-Hispanic Whites make up 63% of the population. Organizations have become more interested in diversity since the U.S. population has become more diverse. A low rate of participation in the workforce is observed among non-Hispanic whites. Researchers found that white individuals identified themselves as such. Minorities are being compared to white since white is considered the norm. Study findings indicate that minorities have lower-incomes, promotions, evaluations of their performance, opportunities, and work-related attributes than whites. (Bell (2017).
Ted Talk question: With the TedTalk, the speaker basically explains that you can learn how to understand and address racism in America. It is not just about blacks. We learn acceptance and how to put it into practice. We learn how to be inclusive of all people.
Bell, (2017). Diversity in Organization (3rd ed.) Cengage.
Write 200 words of reflection on this work?
- 11 days ago
- Revlact 1
- FIN 534 Week 7 Quiz 6 Chapters 10 and 11
- UMUC Haircuts Stage 4
- How is Innovation and change and Project Management linked?
- Many people speak loudly to deaf people, blind people, and to those who speak another native tongue
- Due in 12 hours. Prezi presentation .
- Read first!!!!
- The Money Supply
- Nadine Hoop, Lilia Hopkin and Guy Scoggin perform in a band operating as a partnership. According to the partnership agreement,...