Imagine that you are a hospital administrator at Sunlight Hospital in California. The main complaint among the patients is the quality of care. The hospital board has become aware of this issue and wants to see it addressed. Your job is to understand the state of the hospital, create value, increase efficiency, and turn the facility into a local hospital of choice. Whenever you are making visits to various wards to meet the employees and the patients, you hear how the patients love the hospital, but they would like to see certain improvements in care. The employees seem to be very busy executing their duties and not interacting much with the patients. The hospital board has asked you to compile a report of your findings and suggested strategies for achieving the hospital's current goals.
Note: You may create or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write 4-6 pages in which you:
- Identify five measurements of quality of care in a hospital, and explain the major reasons why you believe these measurements matter to patients in their process of choosing a hospital for emergency or inpatient care.
- Determine four main features in health care organizations that can be used to design a successful quality improvement plan. Describe the manner in which the features can lead to failure or success of quality of care in Sunlight Hospital.
- Propose the main reasons why the quality of care would add value to and create a competitive advantage for Sunlight Hospital. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least four quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Use the Strayer University Online Library to find four recent resources that are current (within the last five years) for this assignment.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose a quality improvement plan for a hospital that will add value and create a competitive advantage.
- a month ago
- Managing Health Care QualityNOT RATED2 years ago
Week 7 Assignment - Managing Health Care QualityNOT RATED4 months ago