Proposing a New Office Design Qkimdevore
Cass Kline is a project manager in the information technology (IT) department of a medium-sized medical device manufacturer in the Midwest. Although the company had an airy, bright building, the IT department’s space was cramped and dark. The center of the large room was dominated by a “cubicle farm” with 6-foot-tall walls. Some of the light fixtures had cardboard taped to the covers to deflect the fluorescent lighting from the computer monitors below. The carpet was worn and loose on the main pathways, with folds rising up in places and loops of frayed threads visible at seams.
As Cass waited for a report to print, she looked around her workspace. The office did not inspire enthusiasm, and she wondered what effect it might have on employee morale. People tended to walk straight to their workspaces and communicate with each other mostly by email. The carpet was unsightly, but more importantly, it could present a trip hazard. Cass wondered if her next project should be to renovate the bullpen to make it more collaborative and aesthetically pleasing.
You have been tasked with writing a planning proposal to top management on how to renovate the bullpen to make it more aesthetically appealing to a diverse workforce. Your planning proposal should clearly state how the problem could be resolved as efficiently and effectively as possible. While a planning proposal is more informal than other types of proposals, your written proposal will be read by top managers in your organization, so you want to ensure it is clear, concise, and well supported.
In a 2-3 page, APA formatted planning proposal identify the current problem and explain potential problems which could arise if changes are not made. Offer specific solutions to the problem and craft a persuasive argument for them. You will need at least three references which support the concepts of office design and productivity; outline the potential costs of office redesign; and illustrate how new office designs can support safety, morale, and overall company operations.
Follow this format for your proposal:
- Introduction: Identify the problem and explain the impact.
- Describe the current situation: strengths, weaknesses, areas for improvement.
- Offer specific solutions which address the problem: Include guidelines on the implementation process, timeline, costs, and deliverables. Explain how your design promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in your department.
- Conclusion: Persuasively explain the benefits the organization can expect, describe the next steps, and propose a call for action.
This assignment uses TurnItIn.
- 6 days ago
- need help in psychology
- acct promblem
- Section 1: Economics of Financial Accounting Information
- Evaluation Methods
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you conduct a self-analysis about whether you would make a good leader using...
- PowerPoint presentation on Literature Review (Topic: Resiliency)
- Mini Tab
- conservation of plant genetic resources.
- ACC 305 Week 9 Assignment 1 Full Disclosure in Financial Reporting - Verizon Communications