Scenario: Orwell's Opus is a medium-sized local bookstore in Global Springfield. The store sells books, stationery, greeting cards, and literature-themed T-shirts, and sales are good in the store. CEO Quincy Orwell intends to expand the business to additional locations and to have the store's website updated for better online sales as well. Orwell's website is not close to what he will need, so you have decided to show him an evaluation of a competitor's site so that he can better understand good web principles.
Read: Make sure you complete this unit's reading, which will teach you some major design principles, introduce you to accessibility, and provide other information you will need to know.
- Locate a bookseller's website. Use this link - https://www.boulderbookstore.net/
- For the Nielsen slides, use this https://www.nngroup.com/articles/ten-usability-heuristics/
Prepare: Use Microsoft PowerPoint for this assignment. The content of each slide is explained in the attached file. Make sure you focus solely on the competitor's site (do not mention Orwell or invent information).
- Titles, Content, and Length:
- While the titles of slides are given to you or taken from Nielsen, the content of slides 2–10 must be in your own words.
- Write at least 35 words per slide (not including the title slide and reference slide). Lists or short paragraphs are acceptable.
- To identify the number of HTML errors, use the method explained in the reading, and visit the W3C validation site.
- Do not add slides or change the order.
- Do not insert notes or comments. All content must be present on the slides themselves.
- Do not use source material other than Nielsen. The analysis must be written from your understanding of the unit's reading. Obviously, this also means that there can be no quoting from sources.
- Since this is designed to be a work document, do not include citations on the Nielsen slides.
- Make sure the reference entry on Slide 11 is in APA format. (Even though this is a work document, some academic rules are still applicable.)
- Use a design theme.
- Every slide after the title slide should have the same design; consistency counts.
- Practice good design principles: neatness and readability count. Consider the chosen font(s) and amount of text on the slide; keep to standard fonts, and avoid all-capital letters. Consider also the color scheme; avoid overly bright colors and make sure there is adequate light-dark contrast with the text.
- Do not add images of any sort on slides 2–11. You can use an image on the title slide if you like, but it is not required.
- Zero points will be awarded for design if any of the above rules are not followed.
- Use a design theme.
- 9 days ago
- Finance Paper
- Perfect answer to DQ
- companies’ income statements
- ENG 115 Assignment 3.1 Determining Causes and Effects – Draft Version
- Segment elimination decision
- If there is 10000 units of energy at the producer level, how many units of energy are available at primar...
- Conflict Management Case Study