For this final assignment you will address two distinct topics as a single research paper.
- Provide an evaluation of the impact of the internet and social media has had on homegrown extremism in North America. In particular, address the impact on recruitment and radicalization of extremists.
- Conduct an analysis of current efforts to counter homegrown violent extremists in North America. Specifically, compare and contrast various initiatives to counter extremism and de-radicalize extremists. Suggest at least one program or activity that you think could be done (or should be done more) to best counter or prevent radicalization. In making a recommendation you are not limited to the CVE activities from the readings, but you are welcome to suggest your own ideas as well (as long as they are legal and ethical).
This Midterm addresses the following course objectives:
CO-4: Describe the impact of social media on extremist recruiting and radicalization efforts
CO-5: Compare and contrast initiatives to counter homegrown violent extremism and de-radicalization efforts.
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 4-6 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current APA Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- 3 days ago
- Psych 655 Validity and Reliability Worksheet Week Two
- Statistics Are More Than Profits
- In a 1-2 page well constructed essay, discuss Rational Choice Theory as it is used to explain criminal behavior. Which of the different aspects of this theory are most influential in explaining criminal behavior?
- business law 1
- ITB 300 WEEK 6 Discussion question - something simple
- ADJ 275 Week 2 Assignment Jurisdiction Case Review Appendix C
- b. The model an = 395n + 5419 describes the cost of tuition and fees at public colleges in academic year n, where n = 1 corresponds to...
- philosophy homework
- The Diverse Nature of Psychology Paper?
- Revised Essay