Week 2 Assignment - Proposal
Your team has been tasked with delivering a Section 508-validated application for U.S. Department of Homeland Security field officers to check potential immigrants for connections to criminal or terrorist behavior. This application must meet these requirements:
- Conform with Section-508 accessibility guidelines.
- Allow wireless real-time bidirectional data transfer and database queries with secure servers.
- Have a secure login and, after two minutes of non-use, have autolocking that reactivates a secure login.
- Allow for officers working on any day and at any time in offices, from vehicles, and on foot along the U.S. border and in cities across the country.
The first step in delivering the app specified in the scenario is to define what users of the app need and expect in order to create a positive user experience. You will do this by writing a proposal for your company’s IT executive.
Write a 2–4 page proposal for your company’s IT executive that defines user applicability and needs. In your proposal, include the following:
- Craft an executive summary that states the purpose of the proposal, as well as a conclusion paragraph that ties everything together.
- Define the operating environments to include users and supported platforms. Explain your rationale.
- For users, include who the users will be and the environments they will be working in.
- For supported platforms, include the types of devices and interfaces required by the specifications for the app.
- Define who you will sample to determine any specific user needs and the method you will use to collect data from these users. Explain why you chose this sample and method.
- Outline the necessary criteria you will use for collecting and analyzing user data. For example, if you are using a survey or interview, what questions would you ask? Be sure to address user experience and needs, including specific design attributes that would reduce user frustration with your application.
- Identify at least two applicable statistical tests you could use to evaluate the data you collected from users. Justify your choice of these tests, and explain how you will interpret them.
- Incorporate a minimum of three credible and relevant resources to support your proposal. You may wish to begin your search by checking out the CIS – Computer Information Systems page in the Strayer Library for a list of guides and databases.
- Your writing should be professional and free of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine methods of collecting and analyzing data in interaction design activities.
- 12 days ago
- NOT RATED
Your team has been tasked with delivering a Section 508-validated application for U.S. Department of Homeland Security field officers to check potential immigrants for connections to criminal …21 days ago