NSG 550 Discussion 5ayine1984
A 52-year-old man presents to your office for an acute visit because of coughing and shortness of breath. He is well known to you because of multiple office visits in the past few years for similar reasons. He has a chronic "smoker's cough," but reports that in the past 2 days his cough has increased, his sputum has changed from white to green in color, and he has had to increase the frequency with which he uses his albuterol inhaler. He denies having a fever, chest pain, peripheral edema, or other symptoms. His medical history is significant for hypertension, peripheral vascular disease, and two hospitalizations for pneumonia in the past 5 years. He has a 40 year history of smoking and continues to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day.
- What is the probable diagnosis?
- What are other possible diagnoses?
- At this stage of the case study, what diagnostic studies and basic treatments including non pharmacological treatment are most appropriate to order and why?
Please be specific and precise with answers. A table format or bullet points would be beneficial in presenting your information with clarity or organization.
Reference for management of the case study:
From the 2019 Global Strategy for Prevention, Diagnosis, and Management of COPD. Retrieved from https://goldcopd.org/gold-reports/
Post your initial response and respond to one student by Sunday at midnight. Both responses should be a minimum of 250 words, scholarly written, APA formatted, and referenced. A minimum of 2 references
- 2 days ago
- Alaskan Viaduct Replacement Program--Company Tour
- Need help.
- I need someone he's good in calculus 1
- ECON 380
- Resource: Sample Annotated Bibliography Choose a disorder of childhood or adolescence. Conduct a literature review on the chosen disorder. Create an annotated bibliography.
- Q1: Benefits of DFDs??? Contains unread posts Actions for Q1: Benefits of DFDs??? Some have criticized DFDs as being impractical because they take too long to create. You may not get the management support needed. But others have said that they offer imp
- 400 words
- Ethics #4-2
- POL 201 American National Government (ACK1624E)