MSW 6005: Week 2 - Assignment: Explore the Challenges in Resolving Value Conflicts in Ethical PracticeBlackPsychology3
Even when you do not declare your values publicly, your lifestyles, verbal, and nonverbal communications usually indicate the values you hold. Assume you have been asked to present at the next regional Social Work conference about these issues. You have decided to discuss the challenges of working with a diverse client base and managing value conflicts.
Prepare a narrated PowerPoint presentation for your conference session. Begin by describing a situation with a client system in which the values of a client, your values, and a primary social work value were in opposition or significant conflict. You may use a hypothetical situation if you have yet to experience this in the field. For example, a lesbian social worker is attempting to place an adolescent in foster care with a religiously conservative family. The adolescent wants to remain in temporary placement with a teacher who is openly gay, but the agency prohibits placements with single parents and sexual minority families. The social worker has not professionally disclosed her sexual orientation. How would these issues be resolved in an ethical decision-making process?
Construct your own example and include the following in your presentation:
- Integrate the readings in the course so far by outlining a process of decision-making for social workers clearly modeling the necessary steps to practice ethically with these conflicts present.
- Analyze the challenges diversity presents in addressing these conflicts. Examine best practices to adhere to the Code of Ethics while providing the best service for your clients.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists and should cite material appropriately. Add audio to each slide using the Media section of the Insert tab in the top menu bar for each slide.
Support your presentation with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide
- 4 days ago
- H Homework Help
- Multiple Questions Answers
- RA: Case Analysis
- Please help me complete this in 5 hours
- 4 paragragh essay on me accepting responsibility for plagiarism and reasons why its wrong and why i wont do it again.
- Unit IV Research Paper As you are seeing in this course, learning from past incidents can help prevent future ones from occurring. Read the two options provided below, and choose one to write about in your research paper. Option 1: Anniston, Alabama, is a
- Bill tutor as discuss W- Mini
- new media marketing discussion
- FOR IDEALBOOKS ONLY !!!