Choose one or two infectious diseases. You will describe how the disease or diseases are tested using PCR and ELISA. You can choose one disease for both types of test or a separate disease for each type of test.
For PCR, describe the specific target of the test (what gene) and give the size of the product of the PCR. You should also say when after exposure the test is reliable. For ELISA, describe the specific target of the test (antibody or antigenic material). You should also say when after exposure the test is reliable. For both, you should be clear on what a positive test really indicates (how confident can we be that it indicates that the patient is infected?). Additionally, you should include information on the rate of false positives and false negatives.
- a year ago
- Windows Server 2012 Firewall
- BUS 250 Week 1 assignment
- acc 380-W3 - assignment
- ACC 310-W4 - Assignment-Budgeted Income Statement
- HCS 405 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Patton-Fuller Ratio Computation
- payment wk 2
- answering journal.
- Leader versus manager paper
- CIS 505 WK 2 Assignment 1 - Standards Research