1) Write brief summaries of technical articles, identify key ideas in articles, evaluate author’s ability to support claims
Write a summary of the article
Identify at least one positive statement
Identify at least one normative statement
Link the article to macroeconomic data
Link the article to the course content
bibliographic database. You will be utilizing articles written in the Wall Street Journal: which can be found in ProQuest. You can also use articles you find on the internet using a search engine like Google News.
1) Write a Good Summary
2) Identify a Positive Statement
In your paper you should discuss one positive statement from the article and explain what makes it a positive statement. Positive statements explain how the world works and state facts without evaluating them as good or bad. Convincing authors use a large number of positive statements to support their arguments and policy proposals.
3) Identify a Normative Statement
In your paper you should discuss one normative statement from the article and explain what makes it a normative statement. Authors make normative statements when they interject their opinion into an article. These statements make value judgements and/or explain how the world ought to be. Experts in persuasion use can make opinionated statements seem factual and unbiased. Reading carefully and looking out for normative statements will help you sort through the fact from fiction!
4) Link the article to macroeconomic data
In your paper you should include a graph of some data you collect from a resource like the FRED (https://fred.stlouisfed.org/ (Links to an external site.)). You should explain how this data relates to the article. Does it support the author’s claims? Does it discredit them? Does the data you collect highlight an important oversight of the article? Be sure that when you include the graph that you explain to the reader why it’s important.
5) Link the Article to the Course
Finally, you must explain at least one link between the article and class material. For example, that link might explain how your author’s understanding of the economy: a) is different from what you learned in class, or b) went beyond what you learned in class.
1) In your heading include the article’s title, author, publication, and date.
2) Use the subheading “Link” to identify the section where you explain a link between your article and the class.
3) Your summary should be 250-300 words in length. List the word counts for the article and for the assignment just below the last line of the summary.
4) Use APA format to cite your article and any other outside resources.
5) You graph should be included at the very end of your summary and referred to in your paper as (Figure #_)
- 12 days ago
- who can finish my assingment before due ?
- Carrie is a licensed hairstylist and operates her own business. Located at 480 Laurel Street, Allentown, PA 18105, the business is conducted under the name of “Carrie’s Coiffures.” Carrie’s business activity code is 812112. In addition to 10 workstations
- Assignment 2 Blog Module 1 Help Wanted:
- EDU 659 week 6 Complete (Final paper, Discussion 1, Discussion 2)
- All instruction are include on the post.
- All instruction are include on the page
- Science paper 1500 words