Law and Ethics in Public Healthfinerwoman1920
Contemporary Public Health Issue
Although the United States is among the wealthiest nations in the world, it is far from being the healthiest. Life expectancy and survival rates in the United States have improved dramatically over the past century, but Americans have shorter lifespans and experience more illness than people in other high-income countries. This assignment gives you an opportunity to put together what you have learned in this course, including, but not limited to:
- public health policy, policymaking process, and law;
- public health and the legal system;
- individual and human rights in public health; and
- social justice, ethics and public health policy.
Choose a contemporary public health issue (e.g., bioterrorism, gun violence, or natural disasters like hurricanes, tornadoes, and wildfires), its impact on public health, and strategies for mitigating and managing it once the issue occurs.
Following APA guidelines, create a PowerPoint presentation of 17-20 slides (plus title and reference slides) on the contemporary public health issue you have chosen and a human rights ethical dilemma. You will present this work to a team of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officials tasked with developing global policies for addressing the impact of contemporary public health issues around the world.
Your presentation should assess:
- The human rights concerns associated with the selected issues in public health policy,
- The conflicts of interest between public health policies and your selected emerging public health issue, and
- The gaps in the current health law that apply to the contemporary public health concern you selected with recommended suitable policy interventions to address the selected contemporary public health issue.
- A relevant policy evaluation model you can employ to determine the best possible policy solution to the human rights concern.
Your assignment must be supported with evidence from three to five peer-reviewed references, two of which must be from the CSU Online Library and no more than five years old.
All content must follow APA guidelines, including all sources used, which must be cited and referenced according to APA standards found in the APA Style Guide l
Ensure your presentation includes visuals such as images and graphics to supplement your message. These images or graphics must be cited according to APA standards as well. Your title and reference slides do not count toward the total slide requirement.
As a part of the presentation, you are encouraged to use the speaker notes section for the content slides to reinforce your presentation.
- 6 days ago
- 3 LAW ONLINE QUIZZES
- Thinking back to Week 3 when you discussed a topic you would like to teach to a friend or family member, create a formative and summative assessment for that hypothetical educational encounter. The instructional methods can be traditional or nontraditiona
- 6Short Paper_For REY Writer
- For Expert_Researcher ONLY Assignment 1-7
- Need help with an Organizational Quality Plan paper
- triple tutor only
- case study
- What Cultural Themes Teach Us About Diversity?