[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
A job description is a useful tool that describes all the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of a position. The primary function of this assignment is to increase understanding of the critical elements in a job description and its alignment to the HRM process and to talent acquisition. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review Chapter 4: Recruitment: Attracting the Right Talent, and Chapter 5: Selection, Placement, and Job Fit. You will also read the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook HandbookLinks to an external site. and the webpage EmployersLinks to an external site. from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Discuss how a job description is a function of management (there is no need to submit or prepare a job description in this assignment).
- Consider the following areas of a job description below and explain how these components contribute to an effective performance management system:
- tools and technology
- knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs)
- education requirements
- Explain the legal components in a job description as it relates to the EEOC.
- Describe at least two assessment methods that can be used when recruiting qualified candidates and how those two methods are appropriate for meeting organizational objectives.
For additional support with completing this assignment, please refer to the following tools:
- What is CRAAPO?Links to an external site.. This may assist you in determining the reliability of an HR website.
- Scholarly and Popular Resources(1)Links to an external site..This tutorial explains the differences between scholarly and popular resources.
- Human Resources Research with Library OneSearchLinks to an external site.. This tip sheet may support you in researching through .
- 16 days ago
Assignment 1NOT RATED4 years ago
Job DescriptionNOT RATED2 years ago