Effective corrections personnel recognize that inmates, like other U.S. citizens, are people protected by various constitutional rights. Not only do they recognize that inmates have these rights, they are also knowledgeable about those rights they are responsible to protect.
In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to analyze inmates' rights, the cases that afforded inmates those rights, and the impact inmate rights have on correctional administration.
After reviewing Chapter 11 of your textbook, the "Summary of Inmate Rights" document, and conducting research on inmates' rights and the corresponding case law, a 3–5 page in which you:
- Summarize inmates' rights and the U.S. cases that awarded them those rights.
- Explain how inmates' rights impact correctional administration.
- Articulate your perspective about whether inmates have too many or too few rights.
- Be sure to include the rationale behind your perspective.
- Recommend, based on research and/or experience, additional rights to be afforded to inmates and those which should be removed.
- Use three sources to support your writing
- 17 days ago