identify and explain process you would use to encourage healthy coping behaviors for Michael’s stressors.Dcook-tulane.edu
Step-3 of McCollum's Model of Mental Health Education is "Goal Setting" to identify short-term or long-term goals for changes in knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors. Module 4 provided several theories, models, and constructs for stress and coping. For this assignment, you are asked to apply stress and coping theory to reduce the stress response.
- Think about the population identified in module two and the assessment measurements selected in module three. Then, summarize the population and assessment tool.
- Reflect on the theories of stress and coping. Select one theory that aligns with the population and assessment and provide an overview.
- Select one of the below:
- relaxation techniques (Focus feature 4.1 pg. 110)
- stress-management and reduction techniques (Focus Feature 4.2 pg. 112).
- In 2-3 paragraphs, explain how you would use the theory to implement the technique. Then, identify specific behaviors modified by the method. Discuss the cultural impact of the theory/technique on the population and its alignment with cultural traditions.
- 12 days ago