Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) Videos
- Log into Gateways
- On the main page (where the Ebook, Inquisitive, StudySpace and Panaromas
options are located)
a. Click on the Museum of Modern Art: “In the Museum Videos”.
- Locate Pablo Picasso: Les Demoiselles d’Avignon 6:38
- Locate Vincent van Gogh: Starry Night 10:23
- Watch both videos and answer all 10 questions correctly to receive full credit for
A) Pablo Picasso, “Les Demoiselles d'Avignon”
- Les Demoiselles d'Avignon broke with artistic convention and was the first known work in the history of art to...?
- The pulling back of the curtain in Les Demoiselles d'Avignon gives the painting what kind of feel?
- The sources of inspiration for Pablo Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon were various. What inspired the two ladies on the far right of the painting?
- Which Spanish artist may have influenced the elongated figures of the ladies in Pablo Picasso's Les Demoiselles d'Avignon?
- Which other artist was Pablo Picasso's cohort in creating the Cubist style?
B) Vincent van Gogh, “Starry Night”
- The Starry Night shows Vincent van Gogh's use of a type of thickly encrusted paint application, known as...? (Hint: NOT Impasto).
- In which art movement do we categorize the works of Vincent van Gogh?
- Van Gogh's composition for The Starry Night is similar to some seventeenth-
century Dutch paintings in what ways?
- Vincent van Gogh was influenced by what type of Japanese artworks?
- Vincent van Gogh associated both the stars that fill the sky and the cypress trees in The Starry Night with what?
- Which Japanese woodblock print gave Van Gogh the idea for the sky in Starry Night?
- 5 years ago
- 6100 Discussion 1
- senior assignment
- Need a 5 page paper for marketing
- Network protocol
- STR 581 Week 1 Quiz Latest Version 2016
- A Paper about the philosophy
- In Chapter 1 of the text we looked at calculating a monthly payment for a loan. A related formula is to calculate the amount accruing when regular payments are made into an interest bearing account - often called the Savings Plan formula. (A is the accrue
- exercise 1-4 Ethics and the manager richmond inc. operates a chain of 44 department stores. two years ago, the board of directors of richmond approved a large scale remodeling of its stores to attract a more upscale clientele.before finalizing plans,
- For hifsa shaukat ONLY
- NOT RATED5 years ago