HMGT 400 6382 Research and Data Analysis in Healthcare (2222)memee
ASSIGNMENTS & ETC ATTACHED
Dataset: HMGT400HOSPITAL.csv (may be downloaded below.)
Required analysis program: Analysis ToolPak - for all analyses in this class (RStudio or R Programming for BONUS point seekers only - 10 bonus points if used for analysis).
Author, Hossein Zare, PhD
Citation: Zare, H. (2017). HMGT 400 Research and Data Analysis in Health Care-Exercise. UMGC.EDU
Exercise # 1 Instructions:
1. You may download the dataset from the link below. This dataset provides information about hospitals in 2011 and 2012. Before you do that however consult the additional instructions that I provided to you in 4 PDF email attachments. ([a]. Ex 1 - Additional Instructions [b] Ex 1 - Instructions t-Test to compare means [c] Ex 1 - Example t-Test Output. [d] Ex 1 - Example Output - Graphs).
2. Analyze the data, using these instructions. Your objective is to use the results of your analysis to create "summary statistics" (Count (N), Mean, and Standard Deviation) for each hospital characteristic and each year (2011 and 2012) and complete Table 1 (template below). You should then create any meaningful graphs (using Excel) to summarize your findings and to write a short paragraph summary report describing your findings.
3. Your report may be in WORD format, with the tables you create in Excel copied and pasted in WORD. Submit your report to the appropriate folder.
Table 1. Descriptive statistics between hospitals in 2011 & 2012
Exercise 1 Findings: Based on your findings, in which years did the hospitals have better performance? Please write a short paragraph and describe your findings. Make sure to attach plot(s) or graph(s) of the information to your report.
Use Analysis ToolPak for all analyses (mandatory).
(for BONUS points: Use RStudio. The R script is available below for this exercise, but you need to modify the script for this analysis).
Download data from here: HMGT400HOSPITAL
Download RStudio script from here:E1-Codes
Download RStudio script from here (If you were not able to load the DPLYR package use this scrip):E1-Codes-No-Dplyr
- 3 days ago
- Not everyone agrees about why some people break rules while others follow them. Now that you have learned some of the main theories of deviance, you are ready to put your sociological perspective in gear and find out what other people’s views are on this
- Future Value and Present
- BIO-550 Topic 8 DQ 1
- I want you to write one page
- Discussion Question – Affirmative Action
- Fill out all worksheets and send back
- Wk 8 Progressive Final