HIUS 221 Mindtap Module 2.4 Part 2indigo11
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Identify each statement about Sahagún’s description of the indigenous perspective of the destruction of Tenochtitlán as either true or false.
There is no Christian imagery in this document. T/F
This document describes both occurrences and reasons as to how people understood events as omens. T/F
Sahagún witnessed the omens described in this document firsthand. T/F
2. What type of buildings are described as destroyed in two of these omens?
3. Which of the following were causes of some of these omens? Check all that apply.
4. Identify each statement about Castillo’s account of Spanish conquest as either true or false.
This document explores the Aztecs’ wealth in detail.
Díaz del Castillo relies on his long-term memory to reconstruct past events.
The author is unimpressed with what the Spanish achieved.
5. What struck Díaz del Castillo when he viewed the Aztec statues in the temple?
6. In what way did the Spaniards assert their dominance over Montezuma? Check all that apply.
7. True or False: The Spanish insulted the Aztec gods upon visiting the temple.
8. Taking Díaz del Castillo’s account into consideration, why might the Aztecs have interpreted damage to their temples as omens? Check all that apply.
9. Based on your analysis of both sources, which of the following statements is true?
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
- 3 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it