The U.S. food stamp program—today known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)—was developed during the presidencies of John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. Its purpose is to increase the food budgets of low-income individuals and families, resulting in better nutrition.
Imagine you are working with a client who wishes to receive SNAP benefits. How would you help him or her navigate the eligibility requirements? What could be a barrier to your client gaining these benefits? For this Discussion, you explore SNAP in greater detail and determine what you might change to facilitate a better client experience.
- Explain the eligibility for receiving food stamps in your chosen state.
- Identify a population that would be eligible to receive food stamps.
- Identify two challenges this state policy presents for this population.
- Stern, M.J., & Axinn, J. (2018). Social welfare: A history of American response to need (9th ed.). Pearson Education.
- Chapter 8, “Conservative Resurgence and Social Change: 1968-1992” (pp. 251-275)
- Almond, D., Hoynes, H. W., & Schanzenbach, D. W. (2011). Inside the war on poverty: The impact of food stamps on birth outcomes Links to an external site.. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 93(2), 387–403.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. (2016a). Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): Eligibility Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility
- U.S. Department of Agriculture. (2016b). Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): To apply Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/apply
- 12 days ago
- 8 statistics questions
- PSY202 Adult Development and Life Assessment WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT A Glimpse of My Life
- help on info tech work
- MAT221 Introduction to Algebra Week 4 Assignment Financial Polynomials
- BUS 435 Week 3 Assignment ( Customer Survey ) ~ ( Latest Syllabus - Updated Jan, 2015 - Perfect Tutorial - Scored 100% )
- Due 01/19/2015 by 11:59 p.m. Central Time
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- CJA 344 Version 3 All Five Weeks - Individual Assignments, Team work, Discussion A+ Solution
- write a paper
- NOT RATED
You may have heard the saying that those who discover or create new knowledge “stand upon the shoulders of giants.” As a future social worker, you will stand on the shoulders of many …12 days ago