English Composition: Narrative Essaytolikon200
ASSIGNMENT: Write a narrative essay using the techniques and elements of narrative writing that you have learned in this unit. Your essay must be approximately 600-850 words long excluding references, APA format, and a minimum of three references
Choose a topic that enables you to tell a short, interesting personal story. Your story can be funny, suspenseful, meaningful, or exciting, but it must focus on one event. For example, if you decide to write about traveling to Paris, you should not write about the entire trip. Choose one event — for example, an afternoon you spent bicycling on an island, or your first taste of smoked herring, or visiting the childhood home of Baker Thomas— and tell a detailed story that focuses on that event.
In order to foster learning and growth, all essays you submit must be newly written specifically for this course.
Following are some ideas that can help you to select a topic for your story:
- Firsts — Think of a "first" in your life and describe that moment in detail.
- Proud Moment — Choose a moment when you felt proud about an accomplishment.
- Adversity — Describe a time when you had to think or act quickly to overcome a challenge.
- Traveling — Recall a memorable experience you had while traveling.
Is there an opening paragraph that introduces the setting, characters, and situation?
Are there middle paragraphs that describe the progression of events?
Is there a closing paragraph that provides a thorough resolution to the story?
Have you double-checked for correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, formatting, and capitalization?
- 2 years ago
- Branches of Government
- Harvard Business Case Study for unit three
- work for the blessed terry
- humanity questions 1130 book review
- Hi have a 10 page paper due tomorrow night. It's on American women in history and the social structure
- i need writer his major is politicl since or crimanal justice
- APTA's State advocacy
- Prof Maurice
- Vector Calculus
- Wrrittng about Edwidge Danticat 5-7 pages