Education week 4 assignmentREDD76
Throughout this course, you have been creating a portfolio that travels with the child you chose. This week, you will focus on preschoolers. For this assignment, you will consider the child you observed in this week’s discussion. Using the template provided, you will complete the Part 3 sections.
To prepare for this assignment,
- Watch Early Childhood: Using Data to Inform InstructionLinks to an external site..
- Watch The Characteristics of Effective Learning: An OverviewLinks to an external site..
- Watch Learning through play: A Documentary: 3 to 4 year oldLinks to an external site.
- Watch Indoor and Outdoor Learning EnvironmentLinks to an external site..
- Watch Early Childhood: Social, Emotional, and Cognitive LearningLinks to an external site..
- Read the webpage section More Parenting Tips and ActivitiesLinks to an external site..
- Review the courses offered on the PreschoolLinks to an external site. Virtual Lab School webpage.
- Find and open your latest version of the Child Portfolio Binder template on your computer. You will be adding on to this document.
Using the Part 3 portion of the template, complete the following on preschoolers:
- Complete the anecdotal record from this week’s discussion observation.
- Summarize three key take-aways from the observation you conducted this week.
- Discuss two developmentally appropriate activities to incorporate in the classroom.
- The activities must address at least two different domains.
- At least one activity must be play-based.
- Describe how you would use one topic from the PreschoolLinks to an external site. Virtual Lab School webpage to further support the needs or strengths of this student.
- Describe two elements from a learning environment and how they nurture the physical, socio-emotional, language, or cognitive milestones of this child.
- Discuss at least two different domains.
- Explain two activities the family can do at home to support this child’s growth and development.
The Child Portfolio Part 3 assignment
- Must be two pages in length and formatted according to the template.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. Cite and reference these sources in APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the UAGC Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- 8 days ago