EDUC 812 Quiz 2indigo11
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. What would be the minimum sample size for an independent sample t-test for medium effect size were eta squared = .03, alpha = .05, and statistical power equals .80?
2. Based on these results, t(90)= 1.87, p= .07, n2 = .13, what can the educational researcher say about the null hypothesis?
3. Based on these results, t(90)= 3.66, p= .04, η2 = .25, what can the educational researcher say about the null hypothesis?
4. It the absolute value of a t statistic is greater than t critical then you should:
5. Suppose you read the following in a journal. The group means did not differ significantly, t(30.1) = 1.68, p > .05, two tailed. You notice that the n's in the groups were Grp1 (n = 40) and Grp2 (n = 55). What degrees of freedom would you normally expect?
6. If the Levene test is statistically significant,
7. A test of Emotional Intelligence (EI) was given to 241 women and 89 men. The results were as follows: for women, M = 96.62, SD = 10.34; for men, M = 89.33, SD = 11.61, t(328) = -5.48, p < .001, two tailed. What do these results mean?
8. Based on these results, t (92) = -.67, p = .41, d = -.10. The math scores of males (M = 31.54, SD = 5.16, n = 29) on and females were compared (M = 32.46, SD = 4.96, n = 65). What can be concluded based on these results?
9. We reject H0 for the independent samples t test if the obtained values of t
10.If all other values are held constant, what happens to the value of t when sample size increases:
11.A researcher reports that the η2 effect size for her study is very large (η2 = .64); but the t test that she reports is quite small, and not statistically significant. What inference can you make about this situation?
12.A researcher plans to do a study to see whether people who eat an all carbohydrate meal have different scores on a mood scale than people who eat an all protein meal. Thus, the manipulated independent variable is the type of meal (1 = carbohydrate, 2 = protein). What analysis would be the best choice to analyze the data?
13.If variances are unequal, which would be an alternate non-parametric test for the independent samples t test:
14.A histogram is used for what purpose when conducting an independent samples t test?
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
- 4 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it