Earth science news report 3Sabrina12
Earth is in the news!
This semester you are going to tune your eyes and ears to news stories specifically about the earth, natural disasters, climate, oceans, and space. That's a lot.
Skills: exploring the news & media for quality scientific news. Learn to connect out-of-class information to in-class information. Spark interest in quality science reporting. Become aware of current events we can change or that impact us.
Submission: A ~600 word write-up based on a news story related to Earth Science. Date of article/news release should be after July 1, 2021 (no old news).
Include full citation information of article/news item included at the top of your submission. Please be sure you are correctly citing your news source. Follow guides you have used in other classes or on the HCC library siteLinks to an external site..
Make a submission in the "Reply" box below this intro space.
Expectations: Find a news item of interest to you related to the wide topic of Earth Science. This should be a news story of substance (more than a couple paragraphs of text or more than 5 minutes of audio/video segment). Read the article/listen to the story carefully and consider how it relates to what we have been learning. Your write up should include a clear summary of the scientific news presented (~1 paragraph) followed by your reflection and commentary of the news.
Examples of things to consider depending on the news item you selected:
- What connections did this information have with what we have covered in class?
- Did it surprise you?
- Does it impact people?
- Is the event or topic short-term or long-term?
- Be sure to fully describe how it connects to what we have learned in class (or topic we are yet-to-cover). Might do a little behind-the-scenes research to give background information.
Graded out of 15 points
HINT: I recommend you type your assignment in a word processing program and when it's "all pretty and done" then copy/paste your submission into this assignment discussion. Spelling and grammar and structure and idea expression count.
- 4 months ago
- can you help me with this?
- Final Research Paper
- According to the case, what are some of the risks of following an observed consumer trend, like LOHAS? • Did Frito-Lay’s complex distribution network affect its marketing strategy? If so, how? If not, why not? • Is corporate culture an asset to the compan
- Aspects of Social Interaction*****Already A++ Rated Tutorial Use as Guide Paper*****
- short essay
- Linda, a single taxpayer, purchased a 10-acre tract of undeveloped land outside of Durham, NC as a long-term investment. She...
- Meal Assessment
- Preparing a Strategic Career Plan for Graduate FNP
- BUS-900 Week 21 Dis.2
- College Algebra
question attached below4 months ago