As you are reading research during this course, and this weeks discussion on types of studies and how they differ, keep in mind the importance of ethics in research, regardless of the type of study.
You may not be familiar with this but something to keep in mind: In 2002 a study on the effects of HRT and breast cancer / heart disease abruptly stopped. Below part of the explanation is included and link has entire article. (this is a date study however it was very significant in that it changed the course of studies and when to abort studies). This is similar to what happened in the past related to the Covid pill!!! It was working so well they stopped the study.
Richeter, (2002). "Study results were so compelling that the National Institutes of Health, sponsor of the nationwide trial, abruptly halted the estrogen/progestin trial this week -- more than three years before the scheduled end. The results surprised researchers, who had expected to find that the hormones would help protect the women from heart disease, said Marcia Stefanick, PhD, associate professor of medicine at Stanford and chair of the national steering committee for the study".
https://news.stanford.edu/news/2002/july10/hormone.html (Links to an external site.)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3963523/ (Links to an external site.) More information on the study.
Respond to above with a minimum of one paragraph of 4-5 sentences, respond with the topic of epidemiological research methods and should integrate in-text citation.Responds to ideas in a way that advances discussion with engagement, depth, rigor, and application.
- Interacts with a professional tone and is able to express opinions with ownership and without judgement.
- Chooses to include professional experience to the discussion board mindful of appropriateness and boundaries. Experience is integrated as it supports the discussion board topic and utilizes scholarly references to support overall topic. n text citations are formatted per APA 7th ed.
- Reference list is formatted per APA 7th ed.
- Spelling, grammar, and scholarly tone are per APA 7th ed. within 5yrs
- 8 days ago
- TITLE : Care Support (planning and implementing an activity for people in nursing home) sub headings 1. effective planning...
- Estates in Land and Concurrent Ownership
- Can I get assistance with the following discussion topic below? Description for assistance is detailed below.
- Only for Hifsa
- Can you do it?
- SPD 560 week 6
- SOC201 SP14 ShortAssignment 2
- american lit