4. The " Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping the world" by conducting public opinion polling and other research. They recently published "Worldwide Optimism About Future of Gender Equality, Even as Many See Advantages for Men," an article presents results of a recent global public opinion poll. Read through the article and answer the following questions
a. Which country had the highest % of people say gender equality is very important (hint: is was 96% of the pop)?
b. Which country had the smallest percentage of people say gender equality is very important?
c. What generalizations can be drawn about the countries in which more people say gender equality is very important? (ie: are they located in same region or the world or scattered throughout, do they have similar levels of development, religion, etc.)
d. What does the article say about the relationship between level of educational attainment and views of gender equality?
e. What generalizations can be drawn about countries which say men should have preferential treatment when jobs are scarce? (ie: are they located in same region or the world or scattered throughout, do they have similar levels of development, religion, etc.)
5. What impact might differences among countries, such as those described in the article above, have on the international community's response to global problems? This question is worth 50% of the assignment grade (see rubric) so be sure to support your answer with information from course content, your own experience, and current events.
Copying and pasting information directly from the different websites constitutes plagiarism and will result in a zero for the assignment. Working with a classmate on the assignments and sharing answers also constitutes plagiarism and will result in a zero for the assignment. The purpose of the Homework Assignments is to fulfill CLOs 1 and 2.
- a year ago
- HIS 105 week 5 Discussion
- Commitment to Self-Improvement Name of the Student Institution of Affiliation Commitment to Self-Improvement Introduction The credibility of a leader lies in his ability to be effective. A leader can only be effective through working t
- world cultures
- APA research paper
- Understanding 401(k) and IRAs
- For nicohwilliam only
- Acceptance Letter
- controlling risk