Discussion: Does Hate Crime Legislation Reduce Hate Crimes and Contribute to Social Change?
Consider a crime like murder that might have different legal consequences based on whether it is considered to be a hate crime. When someone murders another person, the offender can be prosecuted and sentenced for this offense, given sufficient evidence to prove that the individual committed this act. Let’s say that the offender left placards around the dead body that stated: “All Muslims must leave the country or die.” In this case, the prosecutor might be able to prove that the murder was a hate crime. What would be the advantages and disadvantages of prosecuting murder as a hate crime?
For this Discussion, you will research and analyze hate crime legislation. In your post, you will discuss whether hate crime legislation affects the occurrence of certain types of criminal acts, victim impact, or social change.
Review the Learning Resources.
- Consider your empathy-bias regarding hate crime legislation.
- Set your empathy-bias aside and consider the effects of having hate crime legislation and prosecution on the occurrence of hate crimes, victim impact, and social change.
- Consider the differences in sentencing for hate crimes.
- Gather scholarly literature, which may include Learning Resources to support the points you plan to make in your discussion post.
- 14 days ago
- fin 370 week 3 team assignment
- If f(x)=ax+bc+c and g(x)=dx+e Determine the values of A,b and c
- ENG 125 HW help pls
- for you
- Should Facebook be band for school age children
- SOC 120 week 3 checkpoint Social Construction of Reality
- Explain the structure of the Spartan economy
- BUS 475 FINAL EXAM
- ACC 291 Week 3 Exercises and Problems E10-6, E10-8, & E10-18. P10-3A & P10-6A.