Discussion Covert Action and IntelligenceTurkiT
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapters 5, 6
- Lecture 1: Collection
- Lecture 2: Analysis – Part 1
- Lecture 3: Analysis – Part 2
- Link (PDF): U.S. Government. A tradecraft primer
- Link (website): Covert Action: A systems approach Wood
While gathering intelligence is key in the process, the analysis of the data is what provides the players with the answers as to how to use the material.
Using a current issue in intelligence you find in the news or open source material from the library, what training is needed and how would you analyze that issue? Consider what is required to understand the intelligence needed, how to gather the intelligence, and finally, how to analyze the information.
Read postings provided by your instructor or fellow students. Read and respond to the conclusions drawn by your classmates. Remember to read the feedback to your own major postings and reply throughout the week.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA format, provide at least one citation with corresponding references page and use appropriate in-text citation(s) referring to the academic concept for the initial post.
Grading and Assessment
Meeting the minimum number of posting does not guarantee an A; you must present an in-depth discussion of high quality, integrate sources to support your assertions, and refer to peers’ comments in your secondary posts to build on concepts.
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric.
Learning Outcome(s): 1, 3, 4, 5
1. Assess the theoretical effectiveness of intelligence and covert action with regard to analyzing governmental structure and national security policy.
3. Define the U.S. Intelligence Community.
4. List the different kinds of intelligence and examine how it is gathered.
5. Examine the history and structure of U.S. intelligence.
- 4 years ago
- research on the public health implications
- writing two pages.
- BUS 515 Week 4 Discussion BUS515 Week 4 Discussion
- ACC201 Final Project Current year: Current year: Sales 540,000 Operating expenses 229,000 Inventory purchases 162,000 Cash 33,000 Sales and marketing expenses 49,000 Prepaid e
- For XAVI WRITER
- 800-1000 words and able to pass plagiarism test
- Microsoft Office Applications II
- Assignment 1
- WK 9 JOURNAL