Discussion: CLASSICAL MYTHOLOGY: STORIES OF LOVE AND ADVENTURE AND THE GREAT HEROES BEFORE THE TROJAN WARbkmorgan
This is a multistep prompt in which you have to answer each of the questions posed to you.
Love is an important theme in all of the myths we cover in this course, though you will soon come to find that ideas about love vary widely. What does this week’s reading assignment reveal about love? Be sure to refer to specific passages and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
Heroism is also a very important topic when it comes to the world of myth. What do the tales of our heroes reveal about Greek and Roman ideas of heroism? In your opinion, are any of the heroes more heroic than others? Be sure to develop your answer thoroughly, and refer to specific passages and/or quotes from the text to support your answer.
• Your initial response should be at least 500 words in length
• Use MLA format for any quotations or citations that you use to support your answer
• Use size 12 font, one-inch margins, and double-spacing
• Consult the MLA Formatting and Style Guide to understand how to format citations and
references and for general writing assistance (writing style, mechanics, grammar, etc.).
Hamilton, Edith. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. Grand Central Publishing, 2011.
Part Two: Stories of Love and Adventure, pp. 121 to 150 (through the end of Pygmalion and Galatea); pp. 155 to 195 (beginning with the tale of Daphne and Apollo)
Part Three: The Great Heroes Before the Trojan War, pp. 196 to 252
Additional Resources: External Links
Hadestown Broadway Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDwy2lAFFo
"Way Down Hadestown" - Sung by the Cast of Hadestown on Broadway - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yokR4_Q1nEM
Hercules Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Dwayne Johnson, Ian McShane Movie HD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFqY089piQ4
- 23 days ago
- Two pages portrayal of a part of the criminal justice system Assignment
- Slide Report Assignment
- RES351 Wk4 IndUnderstanding Business Research Terms & Concepts Part 2 Terra Postelle
- LITR221 - Week 11 DB
- identify an ethical decision that has been made upper management in your workplace. What values does the decision demonstrate? Are they consistent with the stated values of your organization? What impact did the decision have on your view of the organi
- Answer 7 questions
- please answer the following questions in 2-3 pages. Use the notes provided to answer the questios