Discussion 3: Invasives, Exotic Species and Control Methodsjvalcin1
You may use this website as a resource to identify a species that can be used for this discussion: http://www.evergladescisma.org/species/
Choose an invasive, exotic organism that is found in Florida that was introduced to Florida through natural or artificial means. Be sure you know the difference between an exotic and an invasive exotic. A species is exotic if they come from someplace other than Florida but do not cause appreciable harm to native habitats, economy or human health. A species is invasive when they cause significant harm to native habitats, the economy, and/or human health. This assignment is about invasive species. Plants or animals, land based, freshwater, or marine organisms may be used. Respond to the following questions, using complete sentences and correct grammar. Show all your sources.
(1) Identify your species with its common name and scientific name (It is useful to include a picture). Describe why your chosen species an invasive exotic, as defined for this assignment. What are its impacts on native plants, animals, and/or habitats?
(2) How was the species introduced and how did it spread in Florida?
(3) Discuss any control or eradication efforts for your species. Are they working?
(4) Think about invasive species in general. Are there different ethical questions and controversies involved in attempts to eradicate (“kill”) invasive plants compared to invasive animals?
(5) How would you decide on an appropriate, ethical control method for invasive species? Would the type of invasive animal (insect, fish, reptile, bird, mammal) play a role? What if you had to make this decision?
- 15 days ago
- Jamie Acker
- PM 3.1
- Choose an environmental issue from your textbook, or from your own personal experience, and explain how this environmental issue directly...
- Financial management
- Write a report about language policy
- Michael Smith ONLY
- only for A-PLUS WRITER
- Business documents - email and letter
- Packers And Movers Bangalore @ http://packersmoversbangalore.in/
- Calculate the price elasticity of demand if the price changes from $100 to $40 . Quantity of demand is from 10 to...
- NOT RATED
Invasives Disc 3
Choose an invasive, exotic organism that is found in that was …13 days ago