Select two of the three cases presented below and prepare a three-page written analysis of each case (six pages total). These case studies provide real-world application to concepts you have studied during this course.
For this assignment, you are required to upload your work to your ePortfolio in addition to Waypoint. Learn more about Folio the ePortfolio tool by viewing the Folio Quick Start GuideLinks to an external site..
Submit your file to Waypoint using the button below. Then paste the link to your Folio page as a comment in Waypoint so your instructor can access your ePortfolio.
Case 1: Government Spending and Taxation
Read Special Topic 1, pages 404 through 418 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice. You may also want to review Chapters 5 and 6 as the role of the government and the political process were covered in detail.
Using the Government Spending and Taxation case, Chapters 5 and 6, the knowledge you have gained in this course, as well as at least three additional credible resources, analyze the case by addressing the following:
- Describe how government spending and the composition of the government changed in recent decades. In other words, in what areas has the government cut spending and in what areas has the government increased spending in recent decades?
- Determine if this change in government spending and composition will help Americans achieve a higher living standard. Be sure to support all opinions with research.
- Assess if democracy can survive if the majority of the U.S. citizens pay little or nothing in taxes while benefiting directly from a higher level of government spending. Why or why not?
- Propose the composition of government, government spending, and taxation that you believe would work best. Be sure to be specific and support your proposal with research.
Case 2: The Economics of Social Security
Read the Special Topic 2, pages 419 through 428 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
Using the Economics of Social Security case, the knowledge you have gained in this course, as well as at least three additional credible resources, analyze the case by addressing the following:
- Explain how the Social Security system’s basic principles are different from private insurance.
- Determine how Social Security affects the economic well-being of blacks, relative to whites and Hispanics.
- Assess if the current Social Security system promotes income equality. Why or why not?
- Propose how the Social Security system could be modernized to ensure long-term solvency and fairness in distribution. Be specific and support your proposal with research.
Case 3: Keynes and Hayek: Contrasting Views on Sound Economics and the Role of Government (Case 4 in the text)
Read the Special Topic 2, pages 439 through 444. You may also want to review Chapters 11 and 12 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice as the role of government and different views of government intervention were discussed.
Using the Keynes and Hayek: Contrasting Views on Sound Economics and the Role of Government case, Chapters 11 and 12, the knowledge you have gained in this course, as well as at least three additional credible resources, analyze the case by addressing the following:
- Describe briefly how Keynes’s and Hayek’s economic theory and views differ.
- Contrast the two views on how savings may be harmful or beneficial to the economy.
- Compare the two views on whether the economy would fluctuate more or less over the business cycle without government intervention. Be sure to address both the inherent stability of the market economy as well as the impact of government interventions to steer the economy.
- Hypothesize on which economist theory, Keynes or Hayek, you believe is more accurate and why. Be specific and support your hypothesis with research.
Your Cases: Applying Economics to the Real World final project
- Must be six to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource. Each chosen case should be covered in approximately three pages for a total paper of six pages.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must use at least three credible sources in addition to the course text for each case.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating ResearchLinks to an external site. resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Links to an external site.Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
- 25 days ago
- Week 6 Final Paper - BUS 644 Operations Management - Ashford BUS644
- 3 Middle Childhood Development Questions and Lists and interview DUE 2mrrwo 1130am pacific time
- PSY 545 week 5 Discussion
- CJA 454 Week 4 Case Study Out-of-Town Brown and the Besieged Probation Supervisor
- Ashford BUS 650 Managerial Finance - Complete Course, Latest 2013 Syllabus
- PSY 375 COMPLETE CLASS
- Heel Stick for Neonatal Screening Test Procedure: INTRO. 4 to 5 lines (no details) BODY: supplies used for procedure 1 paragraph : details of supply of lab procedure * add pictures or diagrams for the supplies. 2 paragraph : how do you do the lab test pr
- Question 2. <if you want to write> chapter IX
- Finance homework question